October 8, 2022 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Ember Choral Arts & AME – Look to the Sky
Ember Choral Arts and American Modern Ensemble join forces to present an evening of music for choir and instrumentalists (violin, cello, piano, flute, clarinet, percussion). This concert features conductor Deborah Simpkin King and features Robert Paterson’s Listen, a new work about climate change, commissioned by Ember Choral Arts, and Look To The Sky. a new work commemorating 9/11, commissioned by the New York Choral Consortium.
- JOHN LUTHER ADAMS– The Light Within
- DAI WEI– How The Stars Vanish…
- MARQUES L.A. GARRETT– Unclouded Day
- TARIK O’REGAN– We Shal Arise, from Triptych (arr. Saunder Choi)*
- ROBERT PATERSON– Listen
- ROBERT PATERSON– Look To The Sky
- KYLE PEDERSON– Call Across
- CARLY SIMON– Let the River Run, from Riverdance (arr. Craig Hella Johnson)
*New arrangement commissioned by Ember for this concert in remembrance of our dear friend and former member Roger West.