Language Lives Festival
October 5, 2023 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Poetry Showcase: Thursday, Oct 5 from 6pm to 9pm
- Verse, Spoken Word, Lyric Poetry: No matter the style authors are welcome to stand up with never spoken or published, modern or historic, memorized or notes in hand. Poets and Writers can sign up for a 3, 5, or 8 minute block.
Live Storytelling:: Friday, Oct 6 from 5:30pm to 9pm
- 5:30-6:30 pm Stories of Illumination for Families. All Stories must be family-friendly and be centered around the concept of light in the world—stories of the summer in Ipswich under the sun, fireworks, stories of doing good deeds.
- 7-8pm Stories of Illumination for Teens. All stories should take us back in time to high school or college. All ages are welcome to perform, youths are encouraged.
- 8-9pm Stories that focus on Language and how people communicate. Bring stories of confusion, misunderstanding, and how what we say and what we mean might not always line up. Stories should be intended for adult audiences.
Weekend Festival Expo: October 7-8, 2023 from 11am-6pm.
- Language Lives Exhibition Hall – Meet visual artists, voice actors, designers, poets, novelists, and writers of all kinds at this unique indoor event. Chat, make connections and find ways to work with other local creators
- Weekend Festival Programs – “On the Stage” Throughout the day people are invited to book time on the stage to take part in specific topics lead by a range of community members. Each session will have its own flavor depending on the facilitator.