Newburyport ArtWalk: A Day-Long Festival of Art and Community
Newburyport, MA, is a city that has long been known for its vibrant arts community. On Saturday, September 30, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., the city will once again celebrate its local artists and galleries with the Newburyport ArtWalk. This event is a feast for the senses, featuring a wide range of artistic mediums including paintings, photography, and sculptures.
This year’s ArtWalk will showcase works from a variety of galleries such as Alan Bull Studio, Blochaus, Celine McDonald Studio, and many more. Keep an eye out for the ArtWalk signs in the gallery and store windows to know you’re in the right place.
How to Navigate
The Newburyport ArtWalk Gallery Guide and map are available online at Newburyport ArtWalk. Printed versions can also be picked up at the Newburyport Chamber of Commerce and other participating locations.
A Day Full of Activities
The event promises a full schedule of art talks and demos throughout the day. Here are some highlights:
- Interactive Public Painting: Award-winning artist Rob Brun will guide an evolving canvas painting at Chococoa Baking.
- Exhibit and Artist Talks: Bethany Groff Dorau will present “Mayhem at the Museum” at Jaxby Nimble Studio.
- Gallery Talk: Jill Harrison will discuss “Collecting art with an eye towards value” at Threadneedle Gallery.
- Hands-On Printmaking: Studio 53 invites the public to participate in a printmaking project.
- Gyotaku Printing Demo: Jenna Reedy will showcase this traditional Japanese art form at New England Sketch Book.
- Artist Demos and Talks: Various other artists will also be giving demos and talks at different locations.
Don’t Miss Out
Please note that due to a scheduling conflict, the PEG Center for Art and Activism will not be open during this ArtWalk. For more information and the latest updates, visit Newburyport ArtWalk and their Facebook page.